Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Happy Birthday, Ava!


WOW! Our little girl is now 1 year old! She turned 1 on November 8. Where has the time gone? We celebrated Ava's first birthday with a small, family birthday party. It was really nice. She got a lot of neat and cute things, however, the boxes and cards were more appealing to her than anything. Ivan and I had fun shopping for her birthday gifts. Ivan had to tell me to "stop" because I kept finding other neat, cute toys, etc. He reminded me we have Christmas right around the corner. I felt like a little kid all over again looking at these dolls and toys. I loved it! I can't wait for Christmas! I'm really looking forward to the day Ava understands birthday parties, knows Santa, etc. Ava goes for her 1 year check-up this Friday. She's going to be getting shots, so I'm preparing for that. I am taking the day off. We're going to go visit Grandma LeMaster's fourth grade class that afternoon. Ava will get her 1 year pictures taken on Saturday. Her new thing is blowing kisses, however I think she has hit her face more than her lips. It's too cute.

I am sad to report that Ivan's grandfather passed away on Friday, October 24. He lost his battle to cancer early that morning. He is in a much better place now, but is sadly missed. My Grandma LeMaster is still in the nursing home. She will be moving to an assisted living place at the beginning of December. My Grandpa and Grandma Mendenhall were able to come to Ava's birthday party. I can't believe they're in their 80's and they still keep going. Our grandparents are my inspiration! My Aunt Carolyn is getting ready to have her surgery on Monday. I ask for prayers for her. She has been battling schleraderma now for more than 10 years so this already puts her at a high risk. She has cancer and they're going to go in to try and remove it.

Ivan has been really busy with his work. This is his really busy time of year. I'm getting ready to get out the Christmas decorations. I'm still trying to go through some tubs and boxes and sort through things that we shoved in a closet or in the attic. HA! Does that really ever end though?

We hope you all are doing well!

Until next time........

Toodles,
Laura

No comments: